Let me be honest with you —
I am not starting this year off with jaded lenses in my glasses and 50 shades of goals to smash. I don’t want to be reminded that I need to be go-getter this month. Those cogs and springs are well-oiled all year long.
I vowed to take January one day at a time… one step in front of the other. That’s real for my bandwidth right now. That, I can handle.
Do I have goals and aspirations? Always! I’m just taking a cooler approach so I don’t get overwhelmed and burned out before the year gains traction. That’s what’s on the blog this month — motivation and inspiration to keep your head- and heart-space healthy in a world of goal-overload. Deal? Deal.
Every Wednesday night, I drop a new post. Below are some of my favorites, but you can peruse the recent ones too.
A Few of My Favs
- When I saw Boss: The Black Experience in Business, I had to write Bricklayer.
- Here’s something to quiet The Chorus in your mind. Darn those negative thoughts.
- November was #bloglikecrazy with my writing community, so check out a few posts and let me know what you think. I took an open letter approach and got a little personal.
- Details about when I sang in front of Dr. Angela Davis can be found at Wednesday Wind Down – Full Circle.
- What does “family” mean to you? I had to re-define that word in If Age Ain’t Nothing But a Number.
- In No Matter What, God reminds me that a wounded warrior isn’t weak.
I always pray that you’re having a great day. If not, it just got better. 😊